New Years Eve

I have never been much for going out on New Years Eve. We are staying in this year as well. I will share some pictures tonight from our celebration. Honestly I am not much of a party person anyway. I can remember a couple times in my 20's heading out to celebrate the changing of the year, but they seemed a waste of time to me, it seems like just another day on the calendar, but one where people make a big deal of setting goals that probably should have been daily goals all along. My goals this year are that, goals I should have been keeping every day.
I can tell you that tonight on my table will be something I put on my dream board for the year 2007 and believed it would be there. In the year 2007, each and ever single dream I had listed on my dream board came true. So not only am I making a list of goals, but I am making a new list of dreams. They are different. For my dream board, I print out pictures of the things I want, or the places I want to go. Some I print out on magnetic paper and just put them all over the fridge so I see them every single day.
I have a list of 10 goals, not so much because its new years eve, but because I know deep inside myself I want these things to become part of me.
Here are 10 goals I have made, there are smaller ones too, I am keeping the objectives to myself : )
1. Keep searching for my lifes meaning, with an open mind. Embracing the joy in life.
Unless you know why you are here on earth, nothing much seems to fit or feel right. I want to fulfill my purpose, see no limits. This will cover all spiritual searching too.
2. Believe that I am more than what I can make or bake. Quit measuring my worth by what I can make, and see the deeper meaning of my life. Life with a legacy in mind.
3. Take more time away from the computer, it is not my only voice !
4. See my eating habits in their true light, understand that overeating can kill, maybe slowly but it can steal years, flexibility, energy, and take from you, forward movement.
5. Stop running from money...yeah this sounds silly, but I attract money and I have always ran from it. Afraid of what it can turn me into. I want to stop running from it.
6. Balance simple living with technology and keep up with the new things in life. Stop combining negative behaviors of people with modern life. People choose the behaviors, not that technology makes them act a certain way. Its all free choice.
7. Take care of myself, dress better, hold my head up. Style my hair at least twice a week.
8. Reach 134 lbs unless I look like bones covered in skin. Doubtful I will, but its permission for myself to not get there if it isn't going to look good.
9. Hold tight to the dreams I have on my dream board on the fridge
10. Work on my book and resume speaking engagements


The glass is filled with plain water !

Comments

~Bren~ said…
You are such an inspiration Patty. Your goals are wonderful and are goals we should all aspire to. I keep a goal poster and find that writing out my vision on tablets and making it plain (Habakkuk 2:2) makes them happen.
Happy New Year!
Mimi said…
Patty,
you have wonderful goals set for your self for this year...
have a blessed and Happy New Year!
{{Hugs}}
Mimi
mikesgirl said…
Hi Patty - great goals! What kind of book are you thinking of writing?
Blessings, Sherri

Popular Posts