Update on Melanie

It has been an emotionally draining day. I cannot even express the heartache of seeing Melanie so weak and non-responsive. I am a nice easy driver but today I broke speed limits by driving 85 mph and passed other vehicles in no passing zones with her in the back seat with Casi. By the grace of God we got there in record time.
Her Doctor has Thursdays off but was at the hospital just two doors over from where Melanie was in the Emergency Room. A miracle. After a couple hours she came around and asked, "am I at the hospital again".
She had very very low blood sugars, and was extremely dehydrated. But by tonight her blood sugars were good and she had been hydrated by way of I.V.s. They plan on keeping her there a few days to work on getting her blood sugars regulated.
She was thrilled by all the well wishes by email and smiled as I read each one to her. We brought her a huge Hello Kitty balloon to help cheer her up. Casi is spending the night with her and I will head up there first thing in the morning.
Please continue to pray for her, for all of them. Such difficult times for newlyweds.
Thanks again to all who have sent emails to her, she loves knowing people are praying and wishing them well.
I was in such a state when I sent the first post about her that I got the room number wrong, its not a big deal but its room 446 not 445.
Right now I am having a nice glass of wine and trying to de-stress. It was just one week ago today that we came so close to loosing her.
Two pictures.... Melanie and Casi and Hello Kitty taking over the bed. It was the best we could do to make a bit of a laugh on such a difficult day.

Comments

wendybirde said…
WOW. She definitely has my prayers Patty! And I wonder if its not a coincidence that it happened as a newlywed, this gives her husband a chance to really show her what he's made of. Not that I'd wish the pain at all, but since its here it sure doesnt hurt to open to any gifts it might bring, and I hope they are bounteous somehow...
Shellie said…
How scary for you all! I'm keeping you all in my prayers, especially for Melanie praying that the morning sickness lets up soon.
Patty said…
Thanks so much for the prayers for Melanie ! Makes me feel so much better knowing others are praying
Clara....in TN said…
Melanie, Casi and the baby are still in my prayers. I know how hard it is on you. May all of you feel God's mercy on you every moment!
Ruth Ann said…
Hi, Melanie!
I was a friend of your mom from the ATAA list. I have just been released from the hospital myself after a 3 month stay and have just learned of your illness. I prayed for you immediately upon receiving your mom's messge and will continue to do so.
You are surrounded by so much love, you can't help but get well soon. I will pray for you often and will ask my friends to do so as well.

With Much Love,
Ruth Ann Swanger
Genuine Lustre said…
This newlywed couple is facing a lot of challenges already.
Prayers ascending.
Praying for you all, hang in there!
Anonymous said…
Patty, from reading your posts of late concerning Melanie, Casi, and the baby, I now have a new respect for how my own mother must have felt when I was pregnant for the first time and so ill. Her worry was made all the worse due to us living five hours away from each other. . .

Kudos to Casi - what a dear husband he is to Melanie! I have to confess that I was three months pregnant with my Hannah when my husband and I got married. He took such good care of me while I was confined to bed. We got married in a courthouse and when it came time for me to say "in sickness and in health," I just cried my eyes out remembering how much my husband had done for me. I made everyone else cry too! Men like that are few and far between . . . but I think you know that, given the relationship with your own husband.

Pretty soon all of this will be behind Melanie and Casi, and you will be posting news and pictures of the baby. I'll certainly keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
... Paige said…
Well I'm glad she is doing a little better. Bless their hearts, this must be very scary for them. I will hold them close and sending prayers up.
Emily said…
Still praying here for Melanie and baby. May the Lord God Almighty protect them from sickness and harm.
Anonymous said…
Patty, I hope things are improving with Melanie. It is so hard as a parent to watch a child suffering and feel so powerless. Thank god that you are free to be there when you are needed.
Anonymous said…
Prayers are coming your way for Melanie from Florida. Blessing to the whole family.
Praying again for all of you as well. I had been wondering if something might happen again after her first frightening episode. So wonderful that you all have been able to care for her each time. Praying for the rest of her pregnancy to be safe!

Popular Posts