No Lazy Sunday Here


Emery works six days a week so when Sunday comes along, his one day off, its time to have some fun. We headed off to Ft Worth this morning and got home this evening. For a long time I have been on the look out for a comfortable but cute shoe to wear when we are doing a lot of walking. I love the look of heels with jeans but after a couple hours, my feet are not feeling happy. In the early summer or maybe it was spring time, I found these cute red Dansko shoes on e-bay, brand new but probably last years style or something. Today I wore them on our all day outing and they didn't let me down one bit. So comfy and still had style to them.
We did Christmas shopping, shopped for Thanksgiving dinner and had lunch at La Madelines. Emery had quiche and I had a bowl of French Onion Soup. The place was packed. It appeared that everyone was out for the day shopping and decided to eat at the same time. There was a chill in the air so the warm soup hit the spot. We split a chocolate almond croissant for dessert and chatted for the longest time over coffee. Just laughing and having a fun time as if it was our first date.
I have noticed that eating small portions and taking small bites has really cut down on my appetite. Maybe, just maybe this is the time when I will reach my weight goal.
This time in life is such fun. We have time and opportunity to "date" again, yet we stopped off at BabysRUs to look at things for our first grandbaby !
It feels like a magical time in life, like when the first big snow falls and the world seems perfect. A quiet time, uncomplicated and simply perfect for feeling alive.It feels like we have arrived. Children grown and happy, new life coming into our lives. Time for some me time and dating time once again. We have lived for years without the burden of debt. No house payments, no car payments, no credit card debt. Our life simple and simply good. We have good health, and plenty of energy to do the things we want to. Emery and I both feel as though we can live life with that childlike enthusiasm that makes good things happen.
Tonight, the fire glows brightly, the cold air held at bay by the sturdy walls of our cozy home. Its just wonderful to be where we are and who we are.

My new Red shoes, every girl should have red shoes !



Comments

Kelli said…
Your shoes look wonderful and very comfy. I'm glad you had such a nice day.
Kelli
smilnsigh said…
I love your Red shoes! Comfy shoes are wonnnnnnnnnderful.

In fact I made an entry, a bit ago, about comfy shoes I'd found. After a long, long search.

But -sigh- they are Black, not Red like yours.

Enjoy!

Popular Posts