Embracing Life and Balance

Most days I feel like I will pop if my thoughts don't spill out of me and find their way onto my blog, but today I felt a bit stuck. Maybe its because I am tired, which is truly the case. This working out all the time is hard work and I am physically tired from all this training, but its worth it. Most weeks I am getting in 8 or more hours of working out. Its paying off. My body feels better. My clothes are looser, the numbers on the scale dropping. Slower than I would like but.....that's life.
I have stopped writing down every thing I eat, which is what you are supposed to do on Weight Watchers, but I am kinda rebellious. I seem to do better embracing eating for pleasure and feeling spoiled and eating the French way. It suits my personality better.
The weight comes off effortlessly, or so it seems. I eat delightful foods, just small portions and take the time to enjoy each bite. It works for me. Time and again I come back to it. My real problem is with patience. I want to be thin, tomorrow, not next year.
That is where balance comes in... being balanced in what approach to eating works for me.
Each and every day, I seek balance. Wanting to look good, but be real. Feel good about myself without loosing who I am. Live simply, but not backwards. I feed the chickens, heat the house with wood, but paint my fingernails red and give myself a facial. I shop thrift stores, but purchase almost exclusively high end labels.
To hold on to the values and things of the past that serve us well as a people yet not to be stubborn and fight technology.
Cooking good healthy meals, but not making food my focus in life.
Life and living, not always the same thing, is a work in progress. We learn and we grow daily. At least we should. I don't have all the answers and certainly don't pretend too. At my age it finally feels alright to admit you know a fraction of what there is to know but you still feel optimistic about learning as much as you can. Its as though the big bright world is out there just waiting for you to embrace it and learn to balance it on your toe or maybe your fingertip, like a child would, with joy and laughter.
Balance, that's what its all about, isn't it ?

Sunset on the way home from the city yesterday. The sun looked like a giant beach ball, the earth balancing it on its nose.

Tonight I am grateful for....

Hooded sweatshirts that zip up the front and are soft and oversized

The hands of my true love, strong but tender

Red shoes

A babys heartbeat....my grandchild

Melissa's daily phone chats with me

Snowflake Christmas Stamps

Chocolate and Champagne

Tai chi class

Waking up each morning next to my Gentle-man

Leaves swirling in the autumn winds

The smell of woodsmoke

Gelato

Comments

Popular Posts