Thursday, November 21, 2013

Goose Attack


This morning when I was out taking pictures in the fog, I happened to have a bit of a coughing spell, (I am getting over bronchitis).  Well, evidently, the goose was offended, took my cough as a bit of a threat and she lowered her head, extended her neck until it looked about a foot long and came right for me, got a nip at my thigh, and then, the farm girl on me kicked in and I grabbed that goose by the neck and "helped" her move a few feet from me.  In that moment, I had visions of Christmas dinner !   She and her gander companion decided to leave me alone and ran off in the opposite direction.   The moral of this story, don't mess with a farm gal, as we can take care of the situation without batting an eyelid.   No one was hurt, and all ended well and no, there will not be a goose on our table this Christmas !  I did manage to catch a picture of this goose giving me a less than friendly look.

1 comment:

Morning's Minion said...

The dispositions of geese are easily riled!

Sunday Blessings

Soft music, the gentle kind of music that makes you feel content with life... the view from the window as I sit and spin at the wheel makes ...