Elderberry




As part of my morning ritual, I take a teaspoon of Elderberry Juice concentrate in a small glass of water.  Maybe because I can see the "elder" years fast approaching, I am doing all I can to stave them off as long as possible.  Time seems to fly by once your children are grown and gone and the grandbabies start arriving.   Elderberries are amazing little antioxidant's and flu and cold fighters. They are also said to lower cholesterol and improve vision.  They are also said to protect cells against damage, which is a good thing when you reach my age.  
The web site    http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-elderberry.html 
states that  "Elderberries were listed in the CRC Handbook of Medicinal Herbs as early as 1985, and are listed in the 2000 Mosby's Nursing Drug reference for colds, flu, yeast infections, nasal and chest congestion, and hay fever. In Israel, Hasassah's Oncology Lab has determined that elderberry stimulates the body's immune system and they are treating cancer and AIDS patients with it. The wide range of medical benefits (from flu and colds to debilitating asthma, diabetes, and weight loss) is probably due to the enhancement of each individual's immune system."
All I know is this, that when I take it, I feel great and that my friends is good enough for me !



Comments

Popular Posts