Peace Amid The Storms

The night was a sleepless one, just before I went to bed I watched the news and saw the horrible pictures from the tornado destruction in Joplin. Today is expected to bring more storms. There is something very unsettling about this tornado season. I read that there have been 1151 tornadoes in the US so far this year and that about 480 people have died so far from these storms. One natural disaster after another has hit our world, causing us to pause and question, "why ?" With so much going on, its not hard to see why so many believe that the world is soon to end. I do know that all I want is peace in my heart though the storms rage around me. I desire to have a faith strong enough that it cannot be shaken, and that takes work. It takes a daily commitment to remember what really counts in life. It takes dedication to build a strong foundation that cannot be tossed about by the winds. Fear can be like an acid to us, eating away at that foundation, slowly but surely. I fell asleep praying, and woke with a prayer on my lips. More storms on the way today. Before daylight arrived fully, I was in the rose garden, picking roses. I wanted to enjoy them in the house today, keep them safe from hail or high winds should bad weather arrive. As I paint today, watching the sky out the window, I will seek that place of peace in my heart, where outside influences cannot reach deep enough to destroy it, where words of strength, memorized as a child will be recalled, and where memories of Gods protection in the past are carved deep in my being, to be remembered. And I will remember these words from Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Comments

Unknown said…
My heart echoes yours in my desire to be at peace, resting in the Father's arms no matter what storms may rage. We live about 45 minutes from a very tiny town that was all but wiped out by a tornado Saturday night and about an hour and a half from Joplin. The pictures from those devastating storms are heartbreaking but i do hear people expressing their trust in the Lord to bring them through this devastation. We, too, are in another severe storm warning for the evening and night. The sky is overcast and the wind has picked up. But i remind myself that ~ God is good...all the time. :-)
Be safe and at peace, friend.
Anonymous said…
Check out what he says about these storms. This man does not make predictions like Mr Camping did , he just shows what is in the codes which accurately showed the twin towers coming down from Ben Laden..


http://www.bible-codes.org/new_bible_codes.htm
There were some problems with posting comments this morning...Not just your blog....I think it was anyone with a google account to blogger. I hope it has resolved and this is a test.......

Your roses are lovely!

Popular Posts