Living, really living.

What I love most about my life is the ability to be who I am complete with all the facets, and be able to dig in the dirt one day and have a proper tea the next. Today was a down to earth day, digging in the soil, planting, weeding, harvesting vegetables. Glad for a garden for food and happy to have a garden of roses to sit in and have a cup of tea. My feet were bare in the warm brown soil, toes wiggling in the loose dirt. Fingernails with remnants of pink nail polish, scraped off by the soil as I planted. I don't have to be just one thing in life, I can fully embrace the idea of "living spherically, in many directions, with childlike enthusiasm." For me, there is as much joy in talking about goats as there is in a conversation about English Literature. I love cooking planet burgers just as much as I love cooking Julia Childs famous bœuf bourguignon. There is as much joy in munching chicken nuggets at McDonald's with my grandchildren as there is in eating in a 5 Star restaurant, dressed to the nines. There are times when I have enjoyed a tall cup of Baja Blast from Taco Bell just as much as a chilled glass of my favorite Champagne.

Who said we have to be living in just one direction as far as our interests go ? Tunnel vision is too limiting for me. Living, really living is about joy, its about making that list of 50 things that make you smile and then enjoying them !

photo is of my mother as a wee girl, enjoying life

Comments

Anonymous said…
I believe the best way to describe what you just shared, is a life that is lived in the moment.

Something that so many of us have a hard time doing.

Thank you for your words,

Mrs. M.
This is a gift, I believe. Perhaps the gift of curiosity, of finding the good wherever it is in ones life.

It is obvious you are the sort of person who will never be bored.

Popular Posts