Simplicity of Life




The weather has been gorgeous here. Windows and doors open, fresh air filling the house with natures air freshener. Birds are singing the praises of the creator. Little clouds hang in the azure blue sky like bits of milkweed caught on the wind. New life springing up all around me. The first flowers of spring beginning to bloom, casting color on the drab winter landscape, reminding me of when you apply the first colors on the canvas of a new painting. Tiny buds are appearing on trees. It is an almost magical time of the year, when we sense the awakening of life all around us. It is this simple life we have sought out, that allows us me to stop and gaze in childlike wonderment at new buds, of singing birds, and the first insects to buzz around my ear.
It has been the choices we made to skip the rat race of "must have's" and "really wants" that gives me time to stop and listen, stop and see the wonder of life. I would much rather have this deep peace that fills my soul, than to have worry and stress over trying to keep up with the latest style or the need to have everything just as the media tells us we need.
It is with honesty and sincerity that I can walk along the rivers bank and know that I am doing all I can to keep my carbon footprint as small as possible. To breathe deeply and know we are working hard to keep the environment healthy for not only my generation but for the future ones as well.
I love that I can walk out to the asparagus patch in early spring, pick a stalk and eat it right there, organic goodness. This to me, is more important than wearing designer labels or shopping in some store that makes you feel higher up on the food chain.
Life is not about what we own, but about who we are apart from what we own. Today, on this wondrous spring like day, I am ever so grateful for the simplicity of my life, that allows me to stop and smell the flowers and soak up the first warm rays of sunshine, while stepping lightly on this earth of ours
new growth on the pine trees
springtime yellow
milkweed clouds
signs of spring, flowers dancing in the gentle breeze
pinecones, gathered and ready for next winters crafts and to use in the wood stove
Mullein, fuzzy green
newly planted raised bed
Mei-Lings garden she planted last evening, the rocks are her "flowers that will grow"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just knowing this is so freeing. What a gift we have, when we reach this level of understanding.

Thank you for sharing your lovely daffodils...here in the Northeast, we were hit with a snow storm, so this lovely flower will not be seen until much later.

In His Love,

Maria.
Unknown said…
I am so with you on this post...we are in Georgia and have just been relishing in the warm bit of weather. You can smell spring in the air...the birds are picking out mates...and bulbs are pushing up through the ground.
Pen Wilcock said…
God bless the simplicity thee has chosen, that is reaping such a harvest of freedom and peace. Surely it's what He intends for all of us.
aimee said…
Beautiful photos! How I look forward to seeing the yellows of our daffodils also (we're close)!

Love your new raised beds--I so wish we had made our existing ones of cedar as I wished, instead of going with the store's recommendation of pressure treated lumber (ick)--we now use them just for flowers and I am considering building new raised beds elsewhere for veggies.

Enjoy your spring in winter days!
Blessings,
Aimee

Popular Posts