The Wonder of The Day

There is soft soothing music playing, the air misted with the fragrance of Ylang Ylang and Cinnamon. The sunshine through the windows creating wonderful, amazing shapes on the floor and wall. A nearly inaudible tinkling of the wind chimes hanging from the corner of the front porch.
Comfy clothes, tie dye socks. Tea sits in a delightful hand made mug with a dragon fly on the side and a wonderful spiral in the bottom of the mug, made with the perfect touch of the potter. Its always a pleasant sight when the tea is gone, this swirl that makes you take an imaginary walk around it. I once found a large spiral made from flat rocks on the river bank, a random act of creativity I am sure. I walked it, carefully and then the children followed. We laughed about how we had to retrace our steps so we could unwind from this little journey. Sitting on the huge rocks that line the banks of this wonderful river, we looked at this spiral in the sandy earth. The colors of the rocks, outstanding in a visual way even though the colors were just slightly different from the water and the river bank.
This little mug, with its spiral bottom, given to me by my dear friend Debbie, purchased at some Native American event she attended. took me to this river bank once again.
There is so many opportunities in one single day to find wonder. The kind of wonder that is found in the word wonderful. We need only look deeply. Stop for a moment. Head outside and look around or be mindful of the exact moment we are in.
Life is wonderful !
"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."
~Buddha~
"If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life."
~Rachel Carson~
"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh~

Comments

OneOldGoat said…
I'm sad today and was hoping to read something uplifting. Your blogs always make me feel better - thank you -

Beth in PA
A. said…
I have a pottery mug with a spiral bottom. I often get lost in it once my tea is finished.

I wanted to see the world a little differently the other day. I handed my 7 year old the camera and let him loose. I was amazed at all the things I'd been missing and the things he thought were beautiful that I often over look.

Nice post. Thanks.
Patty,
Found your blog this morning and have very much enjoyed browsing. Thanks for the uplift!
Allen Shropshire

Popular Posts