Growth







Priscilla and Elizabeth visited with me while Emery and Steven went to pick up the furniture. Naturally Grammie had to take some pictures of her grand-blessing.
Melanie took a picture of Mei-Ling playing with her Hello Kitty Stove nest to the play house her auntie gave her for Christmas and she looked so cute I had to share the photo with you. (ignore the date on the photo !) The girls are growing so fast and the changes in them are as beautiful as anything I have ever known. There is such excitement in their growth for them and for those that love them so deeply.
After the yard sale, when all the junk is out of the corner of the living room and things are the way I want them, then I will share pictures of the "New Look" for the room.
It has been exciting entering a new direction in decorating...its less old, less cluttered, less stuff, more meditative to me and reflects more of how Emery and I feel about life right now. Embracing change, embracing simplicity on a new and different level. Streamlined and "green". I think it feels more efficient to me, the direction we are heading, and at the same time reflects how we are not wanting to walk backwards in time, and do all things old fashioned but move forward with the same desire to seek what is good in the present. Not forsaking the things we love about old fashioned ways like ethics and respect for what is decent and good, along with understanding that nature is fragile and should be handled with great care.
“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” ~Jan Glidewell~
Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it. ~Marcia Wieder ~
The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
~Henry Ward Beecher~

Comments

Iowa Gal said…
I had to laugh at the second picture down. She looks like she is ready for a fight in the ring. Such precious little girls. Cannot wait for pictures of your new furniture.
Patty said…
It makes me laugh every time I look at it....she was trying to wink at me, but it sure came out as if she was ready to go a round or two !
Good to see photos of Elizabeth as well as Mei-Ling. I bet the two little girls enjoy playing together. It seems that one set of grandchildren always lives in closer proximity than another. No favoritism involved, that's just how it is.
I wondered if you plowed through all the sorting and painting and rearranging. I tend to "run out of steam" in the middle and have a mess left over.
I like the quotations--good things to ponder.
Phase II said…
I love the wink...
Patty said…
Hi Morning Minion, still running full steam ahead, getting ready to paint the "focus" wall. The room will stay a bit full to one end with the yard sale stuff until the weekend.
Steven and Priscilla moved closer to us recently so we are having fun seeing more of them. And of course that means more photos of Elizabeth !
Marci said…
Is wee Miss Elizabeth trying her hand at winking? How cute they both are. Looking forward to your new pictures.
Dana and Daisy said…
Looking forward to seeing the new decor.
Both those girls are just sweet as can be.

The first one of Elizabeth, the pillow shapes kind of look like angel wings at first! lol!

Mei Ling looks so happy. She does not look like there is an ounce of discomfort in her body! What a blessing for her to be well.
Lisa said…
The girls are both so precious! I'm glad Steven and Elizabeth have gotten moved to their new place. Did they sell their old one? It was fixed up so cute. I am anxious to see the photos of your new livingroom. Wish I was coming to the yard sale, I'm pretty fond of your "old" furniture! Lisa in NM
Renee said…
Elizabeth and Mei-Ling are so adorable and wow, they are growing up! The second picture of Elizabeth had me laughing; just so precious. Can't wait to see the pictures of your living room when you get it done.

Popular Posts