Things can change fast around here




Emery took me shopping today....said it was time for me to have some new things. I thought I had it all figured out until we stepped into the store. We had the cash in hand, and Emery wanted me to have whatever I wanted, sounds like I am spoiled doesn't it ? Maybe there are rewards for being married 30 years and being without debt of any kind for a long time. Plus the store was having a fantastic sale. Its o.k. to splurge once in a while. Boy, what a yard sale we will be having soon since we are changing everything !
On the way home from furniture shopping we stopped at one more store where I was surprised with a Cuisinart stand mixer....seems to me this man of mine deserves a really good treat made using the mixer : )
As you can see, we opted for a change in decorating styles. Going more contemporary. We will use different accent tables, that nice dark espresso color wood.
This doesn't change how I feel about simple living or about who I am or want to be, it just makes our home feel more like we do right now, in this space and time.

Comments

Iowa Gal said…
I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see pictures of it in your home........JAN
Janette said…
I REALLY like it. There is an Ashley's here- I might have to stop in. My livingroom needs help! Being debt free as well- and I think my "furniture envelope" has quite a bit stashed in it....
Tatersmama said…
It's going to look so wonderful... and I'm so happy for you!
New things don't change who we are, they just sort of freshen us up a bit. :o)
Tatersmama said…
Everything sounds like it's going to be wonder and I'm so happy for you!
Changing things a bit doesn't mean that "we've" changed - it just freshens things up a bit. :o)
Renee said…
Oh, how fun. Your choices look wonderful; can't wait to see pictures of them in your home. Enjoy!
minervabird said…
New furniture is always welcome. We have a Rowe suite similar to the one you purchased, and it has lasted well and looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy sitting in those comfy chairs.

Best wishes and Happy New Year,

Anna Marie
martha said…
Happy for you, for both your new things and for your receptive attitude. You've given Emory a gift by saying "yes" to his loving offer.

I've heard that it's important for "people our age" to make some tangible changes in our surroundings to show that we are looking forward making new memories together. They say the new injects energy into well-established marriages. I guess then you have the very best of the old and the new!

Popular Posts