Simple Day

I am really not sure if we have the right to call any day simple, considering how complicated and how intricate a machine our bodies are. Nothing simple about us, so how can our days be simple I wonder. Just breathing requires so many pieces of the puzzle to work in such order, with so many mechanisms working together, however, the day itself feels uncomplicated. The blue sky, unobstructed by clouds. The breeze, gentle and warm. It is 82 degrees today. Hardly feels like January to me. The clothes hanging up to dry on the line, flapping in some silent dance. The chickens scratching for bugs and seeds, enjoying random dust baths. Green in the garden, making me dream of spring planting time. The cabbage is done now, leaving rows ready to be worked, ready to plant.
My arms bare in the sunshine, no jacket, no sweater. Short sleeves feel good.
Sitting on the back steps, viewing our land. Goats grazing, another month and the kids will be here. Adding milking chores to my list each day.
I muse....there is no fear associated with our garden, goats or chickens. Same with the clothes line. They are part of our life because I need them, need these chores to keep me heading outside, to bend and stretch hanging clothes. To work the soil with my hands and haul hay. To live with a natural rhythm that moves through the seasons and the years. To remind me to seek good health, to look around me, to see the birds soar high above and see the marvels of nature daily. To bring in wood for the stove, heating our home with a readily available fuel. Dead wood, there for the picking. Stepping softly where we can on this marvelous earth we call home. I remember the reports about the longest living people of the earth and how they have gardens and tend flocks. I want to live long and healthy. To embrace life and live spherically for as long as possible, surrounded by love and filled with gratitude.
I want to be unencumbered by stuff and things. I want to boldly embrace the law of attraction and wake positive each morning.
Life is good !

Comments

Popular Posts