Sunrise, Sunset




This morning the sun was masked by layers of thin clouds, giving it an almost moon like appearance. It felt as cold as it looked. The goats were impatiently waiting to be fed.
Hard to imagine that yesterday was warm enough that windows and doors were opened, people wore shorts and tee shirts and this morning the wind chill was 19 F when I did chores. My hands were numb with cold as I picked cabbage and gathered eggs . A north wind blew cold all day long, making me remember that yesterdays temperatures were just a tease and that winter is still young and subject to being a bit impetuous.
Tonight, all comfy in the house, the wood stove feels so good. Chasing away the chill that filled the house while we were out shopping. Popcorn pops and steaming mugs of hot chocolate sit waiting for us to enjoy.
Life is good !

Comments

Unknown said…
Dana from A Cat In My Lap told me to drop in for a visit, and I'm so gald that I did. love your blog -
Sunny said…
That is a gorgeous sun photo.

Popular Posts