A New Day

The ice is gone, melting so fast in the wee hours of the morning that I thought rain was falling. This mornings gray sky is giving way to the most beautiful robin egg blue. The birds are at the feeder like greedy beggars, pushing the more timid birds off, making them wait on nearby branches until they are full. I met a few people like this during the after Christmas sales. Pushing and shoving, their desire to "get" the best sale stronger than civility. So often we can just sit back and observe nature and see ourselves like a mirror in the actions we see.
The house is cold this morning, no fire going. Will be working hard in the living room today in preparation for the new furniture so building a fire might just get it too hot in here. I like to work in the cool. There is old furniture to move out, floors to wax, a wall to paint. It feels symbolic to me, like the very stage of my life that I am in. Not staying stagnate and not staying stuck in a place that no longer defines our life at this time.
I watched Oprah yesterday and felt like I must be her twin sister, separated at birth. Our situations so much alike, even to the thyroid thing. Emery watched the show with me last night since we have it on here in the evening too. So many things to think about and try and put a finger on.... Life is good, but I know it can be better yet. What a joy that is to think about improving who we are and improving our life each moment of every day. Exciting !

A little note , the garden is fine, weathered the ice storm with no problems
The morning sky
The pile so far of things no longer of use to us. The upcoming yard sale will be fun


Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
I watched her yesterday in between packing up Christmas stuff. Funny thing is, I struggle with the same problem, and I saw some of the very things they talked about through the mask she was wearing. The lack of the sparkle in her eyes and the way she was trying to maintain a slimmer look, while her clothes were obviously not fitting, etc.

She seemed humbled about it. I hope she succeeds in her goals. I think it is actually very inspiring to see someone like her struggle with a real problem. I'm glad she is being honest about it.
Anna said…
Hi Patty! Did you get your new puppy yet?

Can't wait to see pics of the new furniture in your home!
Jo Lynn said…
We are getting the ice storm this evening all the way up till 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

I would love to come to your yard sale. If you have any good deals, email the homestead list. I would gladly send you a money order. I love your taste.

Jo Lynn
www.angelbottomsboutique.com
www.angelbottomsboutique.com/forums
Andrea Maddiex said…
Hey, speaking of yard sales, have you read about this?

http://weblog.xanga.com/GloryQuilts/688416985/my-longest-blog-post-ever---and-the-most-angry.html

I love your pictures! :)
Patty said…
Hi Andrea,
I just posted on facebook about this and how it relates to yard sales, its simply crazy !

Popular Posts