A Taste of Quiet




With the move over, life seems a bit more normal today. I even had time for a cup of tea with lunch. So much better than lunch on the run as it has been lately. It felt like a taste of quiet, this lunch today.

Still, I find myself wishing for a bit of a nap, or time to just sit and do nothing for an hour or so. My own housework has been put on hold while helping Melanie and Casi get moved, which means plenty of work right here waiting for me. I am ever so thankful, I have been working on keeping things simple for so long and getting rid of "stuff". Makes it easier to clean. There is always dust though and dishes. I will choose today to adhere to the old adage that dusting and cleaning can wait, when a higher duty calls. Mothering doesn't stop when the children move out of the home, married or single. Mothering is a lifelong job of love, and my youngest daughter needs lots of my help right now. I count it such a blessing that I have such good health and plenty of stamina. Although today, I might concede to feeling my age. And I am not up to a sprint at this moment in time. I believe I am too tired to sew or knit today.
The sky is darkening once again. Rain is part of springtime, and that too is a blessing as it gladdens and refreshes the earth after the long winter.

Time for me to get off the computer and get the laundry off the line. My dear gentle man, knowing how tired I was last night, hung up a load of wash long after the sun had set.


Earl Gray and a turkey sandwich for lunch

An iris in bloom today

Comments

Kelli said…
Your tea lunch looks lovely. How wonderful that Melanie and Casi are all moved in.
We have been working out in the gardens today and a cup of tea sounds like the perfect break!
Kelli
Patty said…
Hope you had that cup of tea, sure makes the day more perfect !

Popular Posts