Easter Morning


Easter Glory

Elizabeth Weaver Winstead


Easter dawns early, tranquil and bright,

Aglow in a heavenly radiant light.

Easter Bells chiming in triumph are ringing,

In echoing anthems of angels soft singing.

The early spring crocus and gold daffodil

Are spreading fresh blossoms

on every green hill.

Homing birds nesting in tall, leafy trees

In splendor performing

the rare symphonies.

The wonder of Easter unfolds in its story,

Proclaiming life's promise of eternal glory.

Hearts overflowing in reverence give voice,

"The Lord is risen ! In praise, we rejoice!"


Steven and Priscilla left Tennessee in the wee hours of the morning yesterday, and arrived at our house, late in the afternoon. They stopped here on their way home and since Melanie and Casi were here too, we decided it was a perfect time for our family meal. Emery and I were amazed at how Priscilla and Steven were NOT very tired from such a long drive. I had made a chocolate coconut cake for Easter, but we all enjoyed it last night instead. I kept thinking about how next year at this time there will be two happy babies sitting in high chairs at our table too. What fun that will be.


Melanie and Casi stayed at our house last night since they had no heat on at their house, a glitch with the gas company. Early this morning, in true Easter Bunny Fashion, I filled baskets with candy. Melanie ended up with TWO Hello Kitty Easter Baskets. Emery and I decided to not fill baskets for each other this year and just give each other a good chocolate bunny, but I think it was a bit disappointing for me to not have a basket. I have always had one. Next year I will fill one for each of us but fill it with some cute things we can use and a couple pieces of candy. I am working hard to eat better and when I don't, I can really feel it. Amazing how much the food we consume affects our health. Corn syrup is a total "no no" for me. It just is not healthy and much to my horror, its in most packaged foods in some form.

The snow stopped last night but it stayed very cold. Only the brave went to the sunrise Easter Services that were held outside. A warm Church was far more inviting to me.

It seems a good day to watch the movie, The Passion, but its such a hard movie to watch. I have thought about it several times, but just never can bring myself to go to the shelf and take in down. I have seen it twice, and both times were difficult.

In our house, there were also much talk about Passover celebrations of the past years. We didn't have a Seder this year and it seemed to create an empty spot. I didn't do shopping for the holiday, no purchase of the kosher for passover fruit loop cereal the girls loved so much, and I didn't make the chocolate poppy seed dessert made with matzo meal. Things have been so busy, much has gone by the wayside this year.

Comments

Simonetta said…
Happy Easter!!!
Sunny said…
How long of a drive is it from TN to there?
Michele said…
Your dining room table is simply lovely! I love the Hello Kitty baskets. :-)

Popular Posts