Melanie News, Prayers Needed



Melanie is in the hospital. She could not feel the baby move today so we took her in to be checked. While they were monitoring her the babies heartbeat went down to 70, so they are concerned and are keeping her in the hospital until its time for her to have the baby. They are probably going to do an amniocentesis this week to check for the lung development and then they will probably just take the baby if the lungs are sufficient. Melanie and Casi are pretty scared. Please keep them in your prayers. The Power of prayer is amazing and we must never forget that.
Melissa is without electricity from the storm, and probably will be until the end of the week. It's cold up there and things are just not functioning well in the city. Melissa went shopping for some food supplies and the store was dark and cash only. We can still praise God for His mercy that everyone is safe.

I spent the morning working on the day gown for Mei-Ling to come home from the hospital in. All that is left are the button holes and sewing on the tiny buttons. Tonight in the hospital, at Melanies bedside, I worked on the hand stitching parts of the dress, praying with each stitch for a healthy little one, in due time.

Will keep you all posted on how Melanie and Mei-Ling are doing. I will be spending the day at the hospital tomorrow to keep her company and help in any way I can.

The babies day gown almost finished ! glad I have a doll for trying it on for size

Comments

Sunny said…
"The Power of prayer is amazing and we must never forget that."

Amen to that. Praying here.
Lucy said…
I have you all in my daily prayers!
Rowan said…
I am surprised that the hospital isn't doing a Caesarian on Melanie, Francesca was given some sort of injection to help the baby's lungs along and, as I've told you already, he was only 3 lb 13oz at birth but was absolutely fine. They will both be in my thoughts. The little outfit you are sewing beautiful. It almost tempts me to buy a pattern and make a little dress for Kaitlyn. I don't sew but I did produce one or two quite nice things for Jules when she was small.
I shall be doing the Wikipedia meme later this week by the way.
Marcie said…
Prayers are being sent up from my direction too, Patty. I know you will keep us posted and I will check in often.
Praying for you all. The gown is beautiful.
nancyr said…
Praying that everything turns out well, and Melanie has a healthy baby in her arms soon.
Grancy
Peggy said…
Prayers going up. Hope you have a good day with at the hospital and get good news. Love the day gown
Nancy said…
Adding my prayers to all the rest!
Granny said…
Patty, I keep checking back here for news. I'm praying for all of you and hoping for the best til I see good news on your blog.

Popular Posts