Made My Choice about being Organized : )




It was a tough decision, but I made it. I ironed Emery's shirts for the week and from there on decided it was just more fun to play. I cut roses, picked asparagus, looked for a mockingbird nest in my wisteria bush, mowed the grass, worked on the flower bed that goes along side the driveway, and then decided it might just be a good idea to fall asleep in the chair for a bit, so I did.
I think my dear friend LaTeaDah has it right in her comment to me on the c-box. Its just more fun to have moved beyond the days of having to be so organized that my storage boxes have numbers. It was needed then, but now, I want to be less of a slave to housework. You know people come to see me if there is dust or no dust. I played with some fabric, trying to decide just how to dress up the bassinet for Mei-Ling. Later, Steven and Priscilla's baby will sleep in this tiny basket too when they visit...wait, I probably won't let either baby out of my arms when they are here. Grandmothers are meant to hold babies, not put them down !

I may just pass that new edition of Emilie Barnes onto one of the mothers-to-be in the family. Its my time to have tea parties, to dress up when I want to, to play in the dirt of the garden and call it work. Yup, LaTeaDah, you are right. Tomorrow, I am going to build a nice fire in the stove, ( supposed to be very cold tomorrow) cook breakfast on it, and then just watch the chicks grow, until something else comes along, like Emery takes me out on a date. (he reads my blog, so he probably is getting the hint : )

Oh decided not to cook tonight, Emery is taking me out for Pizza. Life is good, yup, it sure is.

Comments

Jenny said…
I'm so pleased, I think you have made the right decision. How can you be there for your family at this stage of their lives if you have to consider a self imposed schedule all the time. You are a sensible grown woman who has managed a home and family for many years, you know what needs to be done and when, you know what can wait and what can't.Anyone who loves their home and family as much as you do can be confident in her ability to manage her household. Relax.
Patty said…
Thanks Jenny, I think at this stage of the game, relaxing is the best recipe for success !

Popular Posts