Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Out of ICU

Mei-Ling is now out of ICU and in a room on the surgical floor.  She even sat up for a bit today.  When I arrived to see her this late morning, she was eating some pizza !  The strength of this child is beyond remarkable.   Even when they were doing something that caused pain, she didn't cry, but only said, "ouchie, ouchie, ouchie"   I brought her gnome pal Gorman along with me.  He is the little gnome doll I made a couple years ago, that is responsible for magic around here.  He leaves notes, he bakes cookies at night and all sorts of amazing things.  Today I finished the sweater for Turte, his new little friend.  I made her mittens and hat while Mei was in surgery.  Good way to pass the time.   Tomorrow she will have new pants and some "fur" boots.  I pray that tomorrow be a better day for out little angel, and that the pain is less and less.  They hope to have her up walking a bit tomorrow, so it will be a big day for her.  CT scan was great today, the Doctors were all well pleased.    Thank you again for all your prayers and healing thoughts.  

6 comments:

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

It is so good to hear your news of how well she is doing. I keep praying for Mei! Along with so many, many others.

Susie said...

I live in Maryland and I am just a random blog reader but I too have been praying for your sweet granddaughter. I thought about her a lot on Monday. Glad to hear she is doing so well and hope everyday brings more improvement. The power of prayer!!

Rosemary said...

I will keep praying. All children are gifts from God, but Mei-Ling is a very, very special gift.

Kathy in Illinois said...

So glad Mei-Ling is doing well. I see her appetite is back!! That's a good sign. I will continue to pray for her complete recovery.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

aimee said...

Very happy to hear this good news:)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Love the gnomes--you are definitely an artist Patty.

Echoes From the Hill said...

What great news. What a strong, beautiful child-both inside and outside.
Praying for a quick recovery.
nancyr