The morning air was cool. A welcome change from the long hot summer mornings we have been seeing for so many months. Leaves were falling from the old cotton wood tree and floating to the ground. The chickens were scratching at the ground and rustling the crispy leaves. It just felt like the start of fall today even though the calendar tells me it has a bit of time before officially arriving.
When I came in the house, it seemed a bit like fall too. I have replaced the summer colors with browns, gold's, burgundy, deep greens. The basket of wool now holds pumpkin color roving and other fall color wool. At times I will sit for an hour or more, spinning and thinking, maybe music playing in the background, but more often just the steady hum of the wheel is the sound filling my ears. Spinning gives me time to think about my life. A life filled with simplicity and lots of love. Today I will work on spinning yarn for knitting warm woolie socks to keep our toes toasty warm in the cold winter months. I love caring for my family, seeing to their creature comforts. I am reminded of this verse from Proverbs 31:13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
May my hands always be eager to do what is good and right !

Comments

Philly Farmgirl said…
Ahhh...someday....I hope to also have a spinning wheel someday. I must say I enjoy hanging out here on your blog. I could almost here the whir of your wheel. This wheel you have pictured, by the way, is the kind I hope to someday own.
All the best!
Philly Farmgirl
Patty said…
I have three wheels in my living room, somehow they just seem to come my way. One is an antique that a friend said, "hey you want this old thing that was my great grandmothers ?" of course I said YES. I really like my ashford traveller. So easy to take places and a dream to spin on.
Too bad Philly is so far from Texas, I would share.
Anonymous said…
Proverbs 31 is my favourite scripture though I have plenty to do to live up to it. Very worthwhile goals for a women to aspire to I reckon. I love your blog so much I'm going right back to the beginning and reading it all. Judging from what I've read since I found your blog, I'm in for a treat both in beautiful photos and your thought provoking musings. Enjoy your weekend!

Popular Posts