A day of hard work. We finished stacking our wood for the coming cold months and its a good feeling to have it all done.
The stack is about 5 ft high, 10 ft long and its three rows deep.
In a couple months we will get another load in and that should keep us through to spring.
It was a joint effort by my husband and I. I hauled the wood from one end of the property to the other where the woodshed is and he stacked it. I picked my job, and he was happy to stack it all. I got to walk back and forth in the gusty breezes that hurricane Rita sent our way. My long skirt whipping around my ankles as I worked. The breeze was most welcome on this hot summer like day. Our temperatures are still way above normal. Maybe a break at the end of the week from the heat.

Comments

Sunny said…
Well, I'm glad to hear all you got from Rita was "gusty breezes". Girl I work with is from TX. She wants to know what part you live in. My Texas mind map is pretty pathetic but I told her somewhere down near Dallas.
Patty said…
We are south of Ft worth.

Popular Posts