Its true, I am dreaming.... I keep dreaming of snow and cold. It's so hot still here in Texas. Record breaking temps . It is not yet noon and the thermometer is ready close to 90. Its fall time but the heat of nature is still on full blast. Its time to plant the fall garden but the ground is like desert sand. We will need to soak the planting beds for a couple days before we can put things in the ground. People are complaining wherever you go about the heat and the lack of rain. Farmers are having to buy hay. I cannot wait for the day when I can turn the air conditioner off and open the windows to let in some nice fresh air. The calender tells me its time to start knitting woolen hats and warm socks but the heat drives you to the swimming hole instead.
This snow picture was taken last year of our woods. I just am so anxious to once again feel the cold air and enjoy the warm fire of the woodstove and smell stew simmering on top. I am dreaming of snow men, the silence that comes with a snow storm, the joy of hot chocolate to warm cold hands. Long hours of spinning wool and knitting toasty warm things for my family. Plan and simple, I am sick of heat !

Comments

Anonymous said…
When you have your summer, we are in winter, such as it is up here. It is cold enough to sit with a hot chocolate drink though. Like you I get over summer very quickly, I love the cooler weather and the activities that go with it - knitting, quilting, baking etc.

Popular Posts