Tis The Season


.
Ti's the season for warm fires, pine cones sitting in a basket, lamp light, warm bread and a pot of soup simmering on the stove.  Tonight is a foggy, damp night.  Good to stay in and appreciate all that we have.
Its been a busy week, which is fine with me.  Had to do some clothes shopping since my body is shrinking.  
Eating a plant based diet is an easy way to loose weight and feel better.  I am eating all I want, yet, the pounds are coming off bit by bit.  Slowly but surely, like the tortoise.  My energy is so much more than it was and strange as it may seem, my eyesight has improved.   I am using reading glasses less and less.   My cholesterol is lower, my blood pressure is lower and waking up rested and ready to start the day.  The proof is in the pudding as they say !

Comments

Freshly baked bread or muffins with homemade soup and perhaps a salad on the side are staples of winter meals here. We are still harvesting cabbages from our garden--so sweet and flavorful compared to those that have sat in the supermarket.

Popular Posts