The New Journey

For quite some time I have promised myself that by the time I turn 60 I will have discovered a level of peace that feels epic to me.   My action, my thoughts, and my desires will reflect attaining a level of contentment that is deep, not easily shaken and I will be my authentic self, which at this point in life I am not even sure what my "authentic self" even looks like.  After a lifetime of being a chameleon, changing to fit what I perceive as the expectations of others, I need to discover the core of me.  I decided that my 57th birthday in August will be the start date for this in depth journey.  Reclaiming the part of me that was lost somewhere along the way and strengthening the part of me that caves in from time to time in order to satisfy the need to please monster.  

Comments

Unknown said…
i applaud this decision. i am a bit past 60 (turning 62 next month) and i have been on this journey for quite some time. At times i make progress and then i regress for a while but all in all the movement is forward. (did you think, as i did, that at this age we would already have it all together? :-) )
cheryl said…
I think for a woman , which includes for most of us , being a mother and wife it is very , very hard to live exactly what we want to be . There are a lot of compromises and give and take to satisfy the needs and wants of our loved ones . We should always try to fulfill our own needs but if you have a great huband and family it always comes together . I like who I am now but I always stood my gorund and was never easily swayed by anyone elses beliefs .
Janette said…
What happens if what we find is that we are a sum of our journey? If the inner self is constantly being molded and sculpted into what the Lord needs us to be and do? I've been ponder this thought for a year now---and beginning to try to move forward.

Popular Posts