Loving Life

Each morning we wake with a golden opportunity to welcome the new day with open arms. To embrace life with a glad heart simply because we are alive and can pull from the day something wonderful, if we look for it. This morning, it amazes me how the sunshine and shadows dance about in the wind as the breeze sends the branches, now so full of leaves, this way and that way. I am in awe of the myriad of bird songs and the beauty of seeing the parent cardinals care for their young in the nest right outside my window, in the crepe myrtle. I cannot help but find joy in the wonders of creation, Gods most perfect gift for us. The flowers in bloom, meeting the needs of our senses. Colors, scents, shapes and sheer beauty. I don't need much beyond 4 walls to keep me safe from storms and cold but I do need natures beauty all around me. I need to feed my soul with the smell of fresh air, fluffy clouds drifting across the sky above me, bird song and the soft coolness of grass heavy with dew on my bare feet. I don't need fancy things in my home or stacks of magazines to show me what I should have, I am surrounded by the very things God gave to his first children in the Garden of Eden. Natures beauty and bounty and a heart that is so full of love that it makes me want to fall to my knees in gratefulness. I love life !

Comments

grbev said…
Well said (and expressed!) You are such a beautiful writer and and I love that you spend your life meaningfully and mindfully. There is so much beauty around us if we will just open our eyes and really see it.

Hugs from beautiful Utah on a sunny morning with cooing Morning Doves in the pine trees by my deck, Bev

Popular Posts