The Simple Things

Today I feel a little better, not quite so tired...so washer is busy, the air is soft with a nice breeze, perfect clothesline weather. I plan on doing some spinning later, there is still plenty of my dark gray Shetland to be spun and as that wool goes through my fingers I imagine the joy of knitting it into a sweater for next winter. I smile thinking that I will be needing to make it smaller than planned since the weight loss is going well.
I filled the bird feeders and wondered if I should spend some time working in the garden, but thought that might be best done another day. The garden is not doing as well as we would like, there has been too much rain, a few too many cold days early in the planting, making us grateful that we are not totally dependant on it for our food. We will be thankful for what we do harvest and have a deeper appreciation for those days of old when people had to make due with what nature dished out to them.
I wandered around a bit this morning, talking with God about His blessings, His compassion, His sense of beauty and order. I asked Him once again to tell me just what He wants from me, no shades of gray, and it is always the same, Love me, love all people. I heard it in my heart as plain as day. Its so hard to be loving at times, put aside personal agendas, and our hang-ups. To have no need to look better than another or to give that subtle jab at someone who seems like such a fake. Love doesn't do those things. Real love doesn't show signs of jealousy or envy. It doesn't brag or show impatience, even while driving or in line at the store. It doesn't say, look at me I am humble and sin less than you do. It doesn't act hateful or mean spirited. It doesn't loose patience when our children push the wrong buttons. Having this honest kind of love is difficult. More difficult than what we wear or don't wear or any of those externals that we so often make a big deal about.
God knows whats deep in our hearts, all the way through it. Yet, He still loves each one of us. When I look around me, I see His love in the detail of His creation. The world is not perfect and we know that. But, even with that, there is always hope, hope for a better tomorrow and that God gave us HOPE, shows His love for us so completely.

Comments

Rain? Would you mind sending some of it my way? We had a good soak a couple weeks ago, but haven't received any since. With temps already in the 90's, we need more.

Mrs.B
We just have to be gentle with ourselves and amused when we discover our pride in not being proud! I just finished reading Mary Pipher's Seeking Peace and really liked it. The beginning was a little slow - that probably isn't the right description but I can't think of a better one just now - but by chapter 2 I could hardly put it down........You may have read her Reviving Ophelia.

Be sure to rest when your body tells you to rest, Patty! I hope you are well,and the tests will show this.
Renee said…
Have a blessed weekend!

Popular Posts