Perfect Love and Fear

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. " 1 John 4:16-18

Think about those verses for a minute and then think about what you believe, what you feel in your heart. Is your good behavior fear motivated, or motivated by love ? I have learned so much about the crippling power of fear in recent weeks and in doing so, these verses have taken me to a much better understanding about my walk with God and where I want to go with this new found freedom that has led me to a place that is no longer a life motivated by "what if's" and fear.

Comments

angela said…
Amen. It is a place of growth to know that your actions are made real by opening your arms to love and that love of God may take you to places and people you had never imagined in the first place. It never fails to delight me even if the first growth is scary.
Janette said…
Powerful words. Working through the fear myself. Someday hoping to replace it with love.

Popular Posts