Swine Flu in North Texas

It seems the swine flu has made its way into our neck of the woods, sending people into a state of fear and confusion. I was thinking how glad I am that I don't have to go out every day, and how blessed we are to have what we need here at home. So, if I want to be overly cautious and not head off to the stores or in other crowds, I can. The world is in such turmoil right now, financial woes that reach from end to end of the earth and now the swine flu with the potential to be a pandemic event, which we can only imagine how something like that would impact the world economic situation. Makes you wonder if God isn't trying to get our attention regarding our priorities. A good life is not measured by how much we own, or the size of our home or the make of our car. Its not about how many collections we have or any of that, when it comes down to what really matters, its always about how loving we are and how loved we are.
A little P.S. here, I do NOT believe God is punishing people with this flu, I think we make plenty of mess on our own, but I do think God can get our attention at a time like this when things are difficult.

Comments

Val said…
You are so right. Thanks for the reminder.
aimee said…
Thought of you when they were talking about this today on the news. Good post-you made some great points.
Blessings, Aimee
Cat said…
well said Patty. We just had a news flash on TV and it is officially here in New zealand too.

Popular Posts