The Delight of Simplicity




This morning after chores I went from rose bush to rose bush picking the fragrant blooms before the heavy wind and rains arrive tonight. Stopping to smell each one and admire the way they grow and thinking about how loving God is to give us such beauty to behold.
I walked past the mint patch, so many kinds of mint, such a wonderful aroma.
Even though the mint is just one color and no flowery blooms right now, it has grown so tall this spring is full of delight by its wonderful scent. A beauty different than the roses but still beautiful. Same as the handful of snow pea pods I picked to put in the stir fry for lunch. Beautiful for different reasons. There is delight around every corner for me this morning as I go about the simple tasks before me. My footsteps silent on the tender grass of spring. Birds singing, wind blowing. Figs full size, just awaiting more ripening, I am anxious for their sweetness. I don't need to go to the mall for pleasure and eye candy, I have it all right here in front of me, in silence, in peace. I can see the love God has for me and feel His presence in the gentleness of the morning breeze. There is such delight in the simplicity of life.

Comments

Sunny said…
Love pink roses! Mmmmm.
I love rose bushes the best, probably because I can grow them so easily and they produce the most beautiful blooms. I was working on my flower beds last evening and counted my bushes and I have 13 since I received 2 new ones for my birthday. I am thinking that a girl can never have TOO many roses bushes :o) I have a variety of them and they really liven up my yard with their beautiful color and wonderful aroma.

Popular Posts