Gorgeous Day




The day started out kinda gray with sprinkles, but by noon the sun was out and what a glorious sort of day it is. Cloudless blue sky, gentle breeze, warm and just perfect for being outside. Got about 5 rows in the garden cultivated after chores but before the sprinkles turned into rain and then headed down the road with a jar of iced coffee, sweetened with very vanilla soy milk and some passover treats for Melanie and I to share. Mei-Ling got a package of whole grain crackers from Grammie as a treat !
By the time I got home, the sun was shinning and the temperature was climbing. Opened all the windows in the house, spent some time in prayer and meditation, incense burning. Just about a perfect moment in time.
Harry got a clean bill of health at the Vets yesterday. No heart worms. He was feeling a bit proud of his new tags and collar. Had all his shots. He gained 7 lbs since the first of February, which is good.
Did some mowing, and then laid in the grass, just watching the sky for a while. Birds flying over head, vultures, crows, song birds, tiny birds and I saw a humming bird. The leaves dancing to a music beyond my hearing. Tulips, bright red, poking out from the earth. Roses blooming all around. Iris too, in all sorts of colors. Figs growing plump on the fig tree. I am so grateful for my life, so devoid of stress and confusion. No drama. No week to week changing directions. Just moving along, learning and living spherically. Embracing life full on with childlike enthusiasm. Not afraid of how silly I might look, skipping through life with a smile on my face. Grasping that there is nothing permanent on earth and that life is full of cycles. My attachment to things gets less and less as I increase the number of my years. It never was much to begin with.
Knowing that my actions are my responsibility and no one makes me behave any certain way. Learning more each day that life extends beyond my home, beyond my family,beyond my street, beyond my city, my country. We live globally these days and I am glad for that. Compassion needs to stretch globally too.
The wind chimes each singing their own songs, together a symphony of sounds that delight.
Life is good. It is simple and has been for a very long time, which makes it better still.

Comments

Renee said…
Your pictures and post are wonderful. Thanks!
hi -
I love the photos of your fig tree. I am not sure where you like in TX, we are just north of San Antonio and we have a fig tree (new house to us about 1 year ago) and I have no idea what type it is. We froze a few nights ago and all the outer leave got nipped. I am amazed at how far ahead of us you are in your growing (you have figs already developing) and my tree barely has (sorry HAD ) leaves. I trimmed the fig this winter (last owners didn't trim anything) so I hope to see some results next year. Have a great day! Emily

Popular Posts