The Beauty of the Day


The first berry of the season. A tiny kitten, exploring for the first time. Flowers in bloom, colors bright against the stormy spring sky. This is what my day is made of, along with telephone calls from all three children, and a loving husband and one from my dad. New flooring in the hallway and soon I will reach the living room with it. One plank at a time, slow and steady. Old looking new flooring, it suits me well. I love old things, and the look of days gone by. I prefer the way things were done before machines and the way it feels to make things from scratch. I love my computer and cell phone though and appreciate my stereo.
Home made soap and hand woven linens delight me far more than buying them off the shelf in some fancy store. Big loaves of warm bread cooling on the window sill make me smile as do vegetables, just picked, still with dirt on them, filling a basket, waiting to be washed and cooked for the evening meal. The sound of milk hitting the bucket, foam rising as the bucket fills. A vase of flowers from our gardens, filling the room with a heavenly scent.
I love the simplicity of my life, the lack of drama. I look forward to a long evening snuggled up next to Emery on the sofa, lamp light flickering, the conversation easy. Life is good.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
I had too much drama yesterday. Still not quite over it. Some of it self induced, some of it imposed on me by others.

I need a trip to the cabin
Anonymous said…
I love the way you describe your way of life, your garden and your blessings - it makes me feel peaceful just reading about it. Your photos are gorgeous as usual.
Val said…
I hate drama. I love peace. My children always asked me what I want for Christmas and birthdays and I always said "peace". When they were small they didn't understand I am sure but when they were teenagers it made them mad for some reason. That is still what I want. Most of my days are full of peace and love and I am thankful.
aimee said…
Your kitten photo is absolutely adorable!!! My sibling would love it:)
Blessings, Aimee

Popular Posts