My view of the world today




After the rain, things outside just seem brighter, more vibrant. Alive with color and contrast. Tiny mirrors hang off of new leaves and branches, magnifying what lies under the rain drop.
Tree bark appears bold. Old leaves on the ground, full of warm brown tones. Open eyes with time to look deeply see so much more than a glance in passing. There is such beauty around us, beauty that should be shared with children and with the person we hold hands with and
share smiles with and know an unspoken language shared by love.
shepherds purse
bark
a rusted top barrel top
barbed wire
the bark of a fruit tree
rain drops on a rose bush
old leaves
rain on iris
a tiny mirror rain drop
mustang grape
something on the juniper tree
juniper berries carpet the ground
red oak
an old dead branch on the plum tree

Comments

completely beautiful, Patty. You must have an excellent camera, but it is your eye and sense of composition that make your pictures so striking.
Patty said…
Thanks Kristi, I have a sony DSC H2 and love it. Simple to use, easy to carry around with me.
I'm not sure if the "gift" for seeing beauty in small things is one that is encouraged from earliest childhood or something that we conciously strive for later--maybe both. I was blessed to have a grandfather who introduced me to natural wonders as soon as I could toddle behind him.
Gorgeous as always Patty. I always love your eye for the details.....sometimes those little things touch our souls the most.

Popular Posts