Todays Harvest came with some thinking


This morning as I worked in the garden and did my chores of hauling water and bringing in wood for the upcoming cooler temperatures, I thought about the Zen saying .... "Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water."
It has often been said by the sages of past, that we should put all we have and all we are, such as heart, soul and intellect into the smallest of tasks, no matter how mundane it seems and this is what truly defines success.

Comments

Val said…
I love the simple tasks. I love this posts. Thanks for sharing.
Dana and Daisy said…
Hi Patty, thank you for your suggestions about my post today. I was thinking, maybe the baby could decide what to call me? That seems the most natural thing of all.
Patty said…
Be careful with that Dana, Mei-Ling called me "Baahhh" for many months. I kinda felt like a ewe

Popular Posts