The Joy of Life




The rain only lasted a few brief moments so I headed back outside for a bit of a wander around the place to look deeply at the things that bring me joy each and every day. The picture may change a bit, the flowers different from time to time, but the essence of this simple life of mine is always faced with joy for what I have in my life. I want to live simply, without the need to keep up with others or try to make an impression. I want humility to guide me.
I read this morning from The complete works of Menno Simon, this sentence. I want my life to be lived in that way.
"We teach the true love and fear of God, the true love of our neighbor, to aid and assist all mankind and to injure none; to crucify the flesh and its lusts; to circumcise the heart, mouth and the whole body with the knife of the divine word, of all unclean thoughts, unbecoming words and actions. "
~Menno Simons~
A shelf in my kitchen, jars all in a row
the first of the tomato blossoms
berry blossom
snow peas
a Blue Jay guarding the nest in our Italian pine tree
The coming of a spring rain
a weed free garden, lots of hard work !
a pansy in front of Emery's office
tiny plums, giving me thoughts of plum jam
the first iris in bloom

Comments

Holly C. said…
I have a lot of my dry goods in jars like you do-to keep the bugs out! Though mine aren't as pretty as yours, and they are in my basement because I have a small kitchen.

Popular Posts