The Blessing of Rain




We so badly needed rain, and rain it has. It has gladdened and refreshed the earth. Bringing forth new life from the sleeping soil. It has grown cold once again reminding me that winter is not officially over yet. The wood stove has been set to work warming the house and chasing away the chill from my bones. The smoke from the chimney, pushed down towards the ground as the cold wind blows and chases it downward.
Goats stand at the barn door, staying far from the wetness. Warm milk steams in the cold morning air as it fills the bucket. Harry follows me closely, as if he thinks I know how to stay away from the rain drops and staying close to me will keep him dry too.
A rose bush trimmed provided an interesting design for one of the photos, rose wood !

Comments

Marci said…
I loved the picture of the goat peeking around the corner. They have such fun personalities.
Marianna said…
It has been a blessing to have so much rain the last two days. I'm hoping the forecast is correct and we continue to have some nice soakers over the next day or two.

Marianna
I have enjoyed your beautiful photographs so much - I am new to blogging and so don't know my way around very well but I happened across this blog last week and now I am a regular viewer. You are so talented and I thank you for sharing your simple-peaceful life with the rest of us crazy people trying to survive in the crowded suburban world

Popular Posts