Thoughts of the Day

Nothing stays the same.
That's not a bad thing, but lots of people hate change and fight it every step of the way. I suspect the great designer of our world knew we needed changes from the start and gave us seasons, moon cycles and other things to show how life is a cycle of constant change.
I never think of God as fickle because He decided to put in some changes for our daily life. Actually our whole life is one of change. We go from baby to child, to adult to old folks. Its all about change. Even the Old to New testament is a huge change. As you age a bit, you see real clear, the changes in life and if you are wise, you learn to respect these changes and embrace them for what they offer.
Here I am an empty nester. Huge change from having children in the home for the past 26 years. I could emotionally fight it and sit in sorrow and moan about where the time has gone, "etc etc etc", said in my best The King and I voice.
My face is changing, my body is changing, the man I love is changing, the world is changing. There are aspects of these changes that frighten me for the uncertainty associated with them, but for the most part, its exciting. With no kiddos at home, Emery and I can date again. We can be gone all day long on the weekend if we choose and if we want, we can go away on the spur of the moment with no lengthy preparations.
We can gaze into each others eyes all evening long if we want to and we do.
Of course its a bit lonely feeling at times, and getting used to having all these empty bedrooms is sad at times, but I know and Emery knows that we are standing in the doorway to a whole new adventure. We feel pretty confident that in the near future, we will get to be grandparents. An amazing thin.
A change. Life is constant movement. Never stationary.
We grow and change our thoughts and concepts of things throughout life.
I don't see much the same way I did at age 10, 20 or 30. Age, experience with life and wisdom makes us all look at things differently. Compassion grows, well at least hopefully it does. If we acknowledge our struggles and pains as lessons, then we can feel for others in their struggles. If we see that we did indeed make it through something difficult, then we can maintain hope no matter what is happening and share our hope with others.
I don't see God the same way I did when I was younger, or even how I saw him 5 years ago. I don't even look at organized religions the same way I did 5 years ago. I see the value and the failings, so my concept has changed. Change is just simply part of life and dealing with all the changes works out great as long as you roll with them and don't try to fight them.
I don't want it to be summer much longer, I am ready for a change. I will be ready for winter when Fall has been here for a few months, and so on and so on.
Love grows and changes too, hopefully it deepens and becomes better. You work at growing together with the changes that come your way.
Embrace the changes in life, grab them and run with them with all the gusto and energy you can. If they are difficult, then embrace them as being part of what makes you, you.

The sky changed from picture one to picture two in just a matter of moments. Beautiful each in its own way.




Comments

Jeanne said…
*sigh*
Yes, lots of changes for us at this time of our lives. I'm actively working on some sort of "reinvention" of myself.
Beautiful clouds.
Hugs ~ Jeanne
Tina Leigh said…
Patty you said that really well. I dont really ever want to go backwards but then I can get scared of the future if I think about it. Our boys are on our minds ALL the time. We are enjoying are time alone but would enjoy it better if our boys made better choices in life...you know they always worry ya!!

Popular Posts