Simple Things


There are not many places I go without my camera in hand. Its a bit of a joke with the family that my camera and I are inseparable.
With no exception, the camera was in my hand as I walked out to the mailbox to pick up today's mail.
Past the flower beds, now gone haggard looking with the nearly black prickly heads of the Echinacea and the other flowers looking old and bent with the heat of the summer sun. But past all that, through the group of pine trees, a glimmer of the earths refreshing. Flowers, hugging the trunk of one of the pine trees. The simple beauty of this pair made me stop, bend over and admire the colors, the perfect matching of bark and green with white.
The scene before me, simple but filled with intense beauty. I lingered and dreamed of gnomes hiding behind the tree and watching me curiously. I wondered if fairies do exist and if a gnome or tomte would like to live on our land if they were real. How delightful to walk on my own land and see things that fill my soul with happiness and a calming peace that cannot be found just any place. Home with all the beautiful bows of love surround me and pull me closer, is the place I like the best.

Simple delights for the eye at home
Who is that peeking out from behind the tree ?
A wee baby asleep atop a toad stool



Comments

Kelli said…
It was a beautiful day for a walk. Thank you for sharing such lovely photos with us. The gnomes are so cute!
Kelli
The little gnome is so cute, looks almost real!

Katherine
Tina Leigh said…
Patty I was passing the hospital gift shop yesterday morning & I got so tickled. Some kinfolk of those little fella's were looking at me from inside the shop! I thought of you & got tickled again. You were being thought of at 6:45 A.M. on 9/9/06 in Jesup, Georgia!!
Patty said…
That poor little fella peeking out from the tree needs some clothes. Only his hat was done, so I had to hide him well. This week, he gets some pants and a jacket, along with some boots

Popular Posts