Evening Song Farm




When our oldest was still living in Rutland VT, she met a really great couple that has an organic farm up there.  Well, "Irene" wrecked havoc on their farm and washed away their fields.   Its heart breaking to see the photos of before and after.   They have a facebook page and a web page Evening Song Farm which tells a bit about their recent loss.   Most of my readers know I feel strongly about buying local produce, organically grown produce and small farms.   This young couple has worked hard to develop a farm that meets those needs for the folk in that area of Vermont.  Yes, I don't live in Vermont and probably many of my readers don't either, but this world of ours is getting smaller all the time and I would love to see as many folks as possible help this young couple rebuild their dreams.  Check out their How You Can Help page and consider helping them out.   Thanks !

the last picture is the before photo.  Where once were beautiful fields, there is now a river bed. 

Comments

As a native of Vermont and long-time [former]resident I've been viewing the photos and accounts of the devastation with great sadness.
I've lived through hurricanes, blizzards and ice storms there---Irene's damage is beyond my experience.
I hoped KY would have a few drops of rain as a result of Irene's progress along the east coast.
It seems ironic--tragic--that such a force of rain was dumped where not needed.

Popular Posts