Anger


The Dalai Lama writes in his book, The Joy of Living and Dying in Peace...."No other negative deed compares with anger as an obstacle and hindrance to cultivate the spiritual path."
We see the evidence of this over and over. In small matters as well as large ones.
Anger over politics.  Anger over religious views.

Anger over a red light, anger over a long line in the store, anger over a waitresses mistake.
What for ?  What purpose ? Is not patience the higher road to take ? The more pleasant outcome ?
Anger transforms us into something that at any other time, we would not even imagine.
It is time to practice patience.

A side note, with all the hot, dry weather here in Texas, people have even been angry over the weather, but today, we are seeing rain.  A time to rejoice.

Comments

Kathy said…
Rain, what a blessing!!

I do believe the person who suffers most from anger is the angry person. I don't like anger directed towards me, but if I allow myself to become angry I will feel the negative effects for days. It is so not worth it. As I get older I try hard to let most things go.

Popular Posts