Winter Solstice

Tonight a bit after sunset here, it officially became winter. To me Winter Solstice is always such a pleasant occasion, as winter is by far my favorite season. A time to hibernate a bit and enjoy the warmth and coziness of home. To do baking, knitting, and spinning. A time to wear my woolen shawl and home made wool socks.
To prepare for holidays and take the time to show appreciation for those we love.
I am fighting off a cold tonight, during Tai chi I felt hot and cold, my lips felt like they were burning and my eyes were watering. My bones achy.
Came home and did all my herbal remedies and took a nice long nap. Colds and flu are just part of the season, but I sure am going to fight this one off. I hope to win !

Picture of the late afternoon sky yesterday, taken looking east from my garden.

Comments

Rowan said…
Nice wintry photo Patty, hope the herbal remedies worked and that you are feeling better. Did you try hot elderflower cordial? I always use that for cold symptoms. It tastes good too:)

Popular Posts