Party Time !

Its party time at the Lockwood's house. RSVP's all returned, menu planned and things are moving along to have things ready.... well sort of. You see I am pretty normal. The house needs to be cleaned a bit, some food still needs to be prepared, and to top it off I had to run out this morning to BUY eggs. The chickens just can't keep up with the demands of Holiday baking.
I tend to dilly dally and then at the last moment, turn into some sort of cleaning machine. You might guess that since I am blogging. But this time of last minute rush is on its way, with the help of Mountain Dew. The caffeine in that stuff is enough to put anyone into hyper-drive. I have added the music of the Rolling Stones, 40 Licks which has me dancing from one end of the house to another. I do my own personal interpretation of Mick Jagger on stage. Yeah I can hear you laughing from here !!!
But it works. We all develop systems to motivate us and this happens to be my system right now. Sometimes its Santana.
On the menu for tonight's party....
Peppermint brownie sundaes with that peppermint sauce and vanilla ice cream
Ameretti cookies
Gingerbread bears
Chips and Onion Dip
Banana Bread
Gumdrop Bread
Crackers and Cheese
Sausage in Pastry
Baked Brie
Ginger Mayo Dip for Carrot sticks
Lindt Truffles
Egg nog
Punch
Wine
and of course Champagne !!
There are more things on the buffet but I can't remember what they are, my mind is clouded with Mick Jagger singing Jumpin Jack Flash, max volume, good thing there are no neighbors close.
Caffeine has hit, I am off and running. Will post pictures of the party tonight. You will laugh, one table is Christmas, one is for Chanukah. Oh, now, what to wear tonight ??

Was kind of hoping these little folk would pitch in and dust for me, but so far nothing.

P.S. The music has changed, the BeeGee's are now singing to me, "You Should Be Dancing"

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a crack up! I like Abba, or Ace of Base, Bryan Adams as well as some I forget now for my "working" music LOL. Hope your party is a great success. I'm smiling as I write, imagining you dancing and singing with a bowl of cookie dough in one hand and a broom in another hee hee.

Popular Posts