Decorating for Christmas

Today I stayed home all day long. Oh it felt good. I have been too busy lately.
It was the perfect day to weed through the book cases and get rid of some of the books we don't read, or never have read, or are so outdated, it gives you a chuckle seeing the furniture styles.
It was also a day to stray from my task and look through old magazines, getting ideas on how I want to decorate for Christmas. I poured over the well worn pages of Country Life from the 1980's looking at colonial style homes, rich in color and natural decorations.
I was then inspired enough to attack my boxes of Christmas decorations and pull some things out and put them together. No two years ever quite the same in how things come together. I put something together, sit and look at it, make changes or feel satisfied.
This is how the dinning room table ended up today. It will change a few times throughout the holiday season but not much.
Tomorrow, another simple day at home and more cleaning and more decorating.

Comments

I love the bright colors you use to decorate. Your home just looks like it feels cozy:)
Kelli said…
Such a beautiful picture, Patty. Your quiet day at home sounds wonderful and peaceful.
Kelli
JacquiG said…
That photo does look very much like a Colonial Christmas! You have such a talent for staging photos, creating beautiful little vignettes, and placing items together that result in a feeling of peace and comfort.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts