Recovery









Its been just a bit over 3 weeks since my knee surgery and I am recovering great according to my Doctor, but in my eyes, it seems like its been a very slow and painful process.   He had a lot of work to do in there so, its taking a while for it to all heal.  Today I managed a nice walk around our little homestead to enjoy the sights and sounds and the cool morning !
The Elderberries are growing well, the ducks are happy, and some very ambitious woodpeckers have made some rather large holes in the cotton wood tree.  The woodshed is full for the winter, the pecans are falling from the trees and still the flowers bloom.   What joy it is to be outside and off the couch.   I am not much for just sitting around so of course the knitting needles and crochet hooks have been busy.  Hats for winter, an afghan, a cowl, and a sweater are completed thanks to all this time off my knee.   Life is good and there is much to be grateful for around each corner.  The simple life has grown richer with the retirement of my husband.  We get to enjoy all of this together.

Comments

Sometimes we busy folks think it would be good to 'sit still for awhile'--when it is mandatory, it quickly gets tiresome. It sounds like you have made great creative use of your down time.
Pam said…
Such a blessing to have free time even though the circumstances were not the best. I am glad to see you posting and happy that you are on the mend.

Grace & Peace.
aimee said…
Wow--those are HUGE holes in the trees! Happy to hear you are up and about a little and that the doctor thinks your progress has been good:) Your husband looks quite content--I am glad you can have more time together now.
Blessings, Aimee
mabeane said…
Sitting and doing nothing is a good path to recovery.
Its so hard for many of us to actually do!
Cathy said…
It has been awhile since I checked in... Didn't know about the surgery. Praying that your recovery continues at good speed. I always love your photos.

Popular Posts