The Raw And Living Food Update




Still enjoying the benefits of eating a mostly raw and living food diet. An kind of surprising benefit was discovered last week. I was having headaches, not bad ones. I thought it might be in part to the cleansing effect, but it turned out to be due to my reading glasses. Suddenly they were too strong ! I had to go get new glasses, weaker lenses. Before changing the way we ate, I was thinking I was going to have to get stronger glasses. A most pleasant surprise.
Right now there are bananas, papaya made like salmon, and onion rings in the dehydrator and soon to be a couple trays of fruit leather.
This past weekend we picked up a case of young Thai coconuts from the market, the produce manager at our H.E.B. ordered them for us and wow, are they yummy. The coconut water is so refreshing and the tender coconut "meat" is sweet and perfect to add to smoothies.
So many ways to fix raw foods that one never needs to be bored with this way of eating. I am still loosing weight, although I did slow down for a week, then realized I needed to eat a bit more than I was. As soon as I upped my intake, the weight started coming off again.
I feel wonderful. Almost have what you could call a childlike lightness, the kind that makes you want to skip !
There has been one aspect of aging that has bothered me, old looking skin on my forearm, when I would tun my arm a certain way, it looked old and wrinkly. For some reason that bothered me much more than a wrinkle on my face or gray hair. But since eating this way, that old looking skin seems to be going away. I am pretty happy about that.


20 lbs lost in the first month and feeling fantastic.
noodles made of zucchini in a sweet and sour sauce
coconut banana smoothies
mock salmon made with breaded papaya and dehydrated for a few hours
some of this weeks shopping
young Thai Coconuts

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have to tell you: as a 48 1/2 year old, new vegan: I need glasses for driving/watching t.v. From my late teens I've had terrible sensitivity to sunlight. While I am pretty new to this eating, one effect shocked me recently: I can be outdoors without my heavy-dark sunglasses and my eyes are fine!!! I don't mean looking at the sun or obvious times one needs sunglasses. I mean...I had to wear them on overcast, cloudy days as well. No more!!! My husband is my cheerleader, although not joining me at this time..watching. You're right about the weight dropping off (and I eat on and off all day long). The key is to research and learn before starting. The first week I did a natural detox (first couple of days no headache, but as my body no longer saw meat nor dairy enter its abode, the adjusting period meant not going far from home). Then energy!!!! I am so excited now to near and enter my 50's, whereas before I was dreading it. While I have no desire to go raw, I applaud your efforts and articulation in giving out the way you and your husband have embraced this lifestyle. Congratulations on discovering true health!!

Popular Posts