Lots of Cooking and Baking


The last couple days have been busy ones. Had a little party at my house on Sunday, all girls so the food was "girlie" too. Since Julia Child's recipes have gotten me out of my "same old same old" slump I used her recipe for Chicken Salad, which was fantastic and made little sandwiches for the ladies and for dessert we had French Macaroons (used Martha Stewards recipe) and a simple to make Chocolate Hazelnut cookie that was made with Nutella, flour and an egg. They were really yummy too.
I tried to keep the sweets in the color theme of the party, brown and pink...even filled a big bowl with chocolate malted milk balls and the strawberry malted milk balls, creating the perfect polka dot match to the table covering.
It was fun and honestly, stepping up the cooking a notch has been fun and it sure seemed like the food was a hit, nothing was left !

Comments

Popular Posts