Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad

There is something very calming about going out to the herb garden and the vegetable garden and picking all the things you will need to make a certain dish, or at least the majority of the ingredients you will need. Its a time that can clear the cobwebs out of your mind, especially in the early morning while the air is still cool and the breeze is gentle, as if to give you a gentle hug around the shoulders. Comforting you.
This morning with much on my mind, I opened the green gate and entered into the fragrant little herb garden, to carefully pick just the right basil leaves and just the right amount of the most tender oregano for my tomato and fresh mozzarella salad. In no time at all, my mind felt freer . There were garlic gloves in the basket in the kitchen, picked from the garden and fresh tomatoes, a little less than perfect from the harsh summer heat, but full of flavor non the less. Mozzarella, fresh and delightful. Some olive oil, a bit of red wine, salt and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes, added to the blender with the fresh herbs makes a delightful salad dressing for the cheese and tomatoes. Chilled and full of flavor by the time our evening meal is ready. My fingertips full of the scent of herbs...natures robust perfume.

Comments

Sounds so good. I had to have a salad for lunch today too. But yours looks so much better! :o)
Lisa in Texas = )
I have made something like this before but without that delightful looking dressing. Would you share the recipe for the dressing? My mouth is watering! If it is a family secret, I'll understand!

Popular Posts