A Line of Blue







When Melanie was pregnant with Mei-Ling I shopped both pink and blue until we knew for sure that it was a girl. So today I went through the baby storage bin I had tucked away in a closet, taking out the little blue clothing. Some of it, actually lots of it, little smocked bubble outfits, so very English looking. Certainly reflecting my taste in baby clothes. I suspect Melanie and Casi will opt for a more modern look, but Grammie can still play dress up baby when he comes to visit.
I washed a load of little blue sleepers and blue blankets and stood back when I was done, trying to imagine the joy of another baby in the family. Tiny smiles and the profound beauty of a sleeping baby in my arms. They grow up so fast, each moment cherished for exactly what it is, precious.

I wandered around a bit after the baby clothes were hung up and marvelled at the small changes that come from one rain this time of year. Things perk up so fast. I am looking forward to fall planting, playing in the dirt in a constructive kind of way.
Watermelons are still growing in the garden and promise to provide a luscious treat soon. There is never a time I don't think of the garden as an incredible blessing. To see life sprout from a seed and turn into food for the table is always a miracle to me.
Its a quiet sort of day, the kind I seem to like the best of all. Slow and easy, flowing along with some unseen, unheard rhythm of life.

Comments

... Paige said…
Congrats! Love the bugs and insects great shots.
unheard by the natual ear but loud and clear by the soul
Kathy said…
Ah! Nothing sweeter than a clothesline full of baby clothes!

Popular Posts