"What Happens When Women Pray"

"What Happens When Women Pray" is a title of a book by Evelyn Carol Christenson. I have read this book numerous times and led a few women's study groups using this book. Its really quite simple in context...women praying "whatever it takes" for loved ones to be transformed.
The book shares story after story of miracles that take place when that brave prayer is offered.
Sometimes it takes something difficult to soften a person to the place where they feel the need to make changes.
I prayed this prayer for Emery way back in the late 1980's. He was so caught up with work, with worry and stress from his job that faith seemed to be a word he didn't comprehend. He was a man and in charge, didn't seem to be much room for faith for him. So, I prayed, "Lord, do whatever it takes to restore Emery's faith" and I had no idea what it would take. It took something very life changing for all of us. In a matter of weeks after I said that prayer, Emery's position where he was working was eliminated ! We ended up moving to the mountains of Oregon and Emery had time, lots of time to think, to depend on God for our needs and then Melanie nearly died, in ICU for 10 tens, her little life in the balance. Faith grew once again. Now I am not saying here that God makes bad things happen to us to hit us over the head with a truth stick, what I am saying is that sometimes we are hard headed, independent and feel very little need for God and at those times, if we ask, He will in tenderness and love show us the truth.
I recently prayed that same prayer for another family member that seems to be having the same sort of issues and I will continue to pray that prayer for them as long as they are thinking that you can live without God, apart from God, and totally independent from Him. I am praying for a miracle.
If you have the chance to, read this little book. I can only hope loved ones pray that prayer for me.

Comments

Sunny said…
Patty, what a remarkable and wonderful story! Mine is similar but different. It was the late 80's for us too. A good man has a tough row to hoe, and I had no complaints but wanted more for him. I asked God to "give him something more spiritual and hold him close". And, boy oh boy, did the answer ever come! Just the right blessing came into our life. Now I'm thinking it is a prayer I should pray more often and for more folks-maybe even for myself!

Anyway, I hope you get your next miracle. You sure already have a few.
R. Aastrup said…
I bought that book in my early years of teaching and it has served as inspiration every since. Prayer changes things in big and little ways, doesn't it?!
martha said…
Yes! Love this book. She has another book: "Lord, Change Me" I would recommend this one even more. It's a natural follow up. I am so grateful for teachers and authors who stress that our faith is about knowing God, NOT having a genie in a bottle that serves us.
Patty said…
Yes, Martha, that is another wonderful book of hers and I have taught that study several times too.
FreshWind said…
This book is a simply written .. EASY READ of the main key in effective prayer. Repentance is the main key for removing the DAMN blocking your blessings and interceeding effectually (I LOVE Job 42:10 .. ) But though it is 'simple' it is not easy!! .. it is for the mature .. but we all need to grow up in His grace and get off the milk .. adn praise God .. HE WANTS TO HELP US DO THIS .. and He WILL HELP US !!! For He is faithful to finish what was started. Heres to not quenching the spirit! .. blessings to you and yours .. your number 100th :) fan .. melanie
anonymous said…
I just read the book. The women in my church will receive copies of the book soon in order for us to come together in prayer to see a turn about of our dying church. Sad circumstances but with God all things are possible. Looking forward to writing back and commenting on what God is doing with me and my church. God Bless.

Popular Posts