A View of My Morning

Bok Choy, showing off that new green of spring
A bright orange blossom
A watchful Harry, who has turned out to be an amazing watch dog !
A patient goat, waiting for her turn to be fed. Both goats very near to kidding time
Gray sky, soft looking, like a fleece.
A blue eyed cat, hiding on a shelf, behind baling wire in the barn
and then there were so many more things not captured with the camera.
A kite (the bird) flying low over head.
A red headed woodpecker, drumming out his own tune on the black walnut tree.
The rich brown earth yielding to the hoe.
Fresh, clean air filling my lungs.
A song in my head, filling me with peace.
The morning chill in the air, making rosy cheeks.
And all for free !

Comments

Nan said…
I haven't been by to visit in too long a time, and what a wonder to come today. To see your beautiful blog header and all your pictures lifted my heart. Here, it is 23º, raw, cloudy with no green in sight for months, and there is your blog saying spring has sprung! Thank you. I also love what you wrote. Your words are always full of thought, gentleness, patience.
Aunt Jenny said…
We are going to have more snow today it looks like. Your post is a touch of spring..so nice to see. I wish I could have anything green growing right now. I did notice that my daffodils are coming up (through the snow on the south side of the house) they will be my first blooming thing of spring, like always..but it will be awhile.
I just love to visit here..you are amazing.
Marci said…
Beautiful Pat. You give me hope of Spring!!!!

We woke up to snow on the ground. It did mostly melt off, but it snowed on and off all day. It is supposed to hit 18 tonight. :)
Unknown said…
I love your pictures. What beautiful weather you are having.
After my brother and I left home, my parents had Nubian goats on the farm. I know when the female gave birth, it was to twins. Are your goats expecting twins?
Janette said…
Bok Choy is grown very small in China.Mush more tasty.
Loved the pictures. Enjoyed the film clip even more!

Popular Posts